February 26, 2008

JennaMae and the Big Fat Toilet

Hello all! I have discovered one of the true wonders of the world! The amazing Big Fat Toilet! Or perhaps I should say that JennaMae opened my eyes to it! She has been using the Big Fat Toilet lately (all the time instead of every now and then), and one day she decided that she could do it all herself! Now when I say this, I mean that she decided NOT to tell me when she went to use the Big Fat Toilet! So she is merrily doing her business and wiping and flushing (which is the first and only warning often). Well that all sounds groovey and fine, except that then I have to chase her down and see to it that her hands get washed properly, and take her Bob the Builder seat (Justin's actually, but he doesn't need or use it) off the Big Fat Toilet etc... Really, its an everyday thing now, and I'm quite accustomed to it; its actually more like an every half hour thing, but you get the idea. Okay, I know what you're thinking, I should have said JennaMae discovered one of the true wonders of the world. Well, she certainly has, but my discovery is a bit different than hers. On one of those occasions, after the Big Fat Toilet was heard flushing, JennaMae informed me in her proudest way that she had used all the rest of the toilet paper and that I would have to put a new role on. Well, that worried me because I had just put a new one on the day before! So up to the bathroom I charged and flung open the lid (the little monkey had taken the little seat off herself already- so efficient was she, no wonder she was so proud!), and 'Gasp! Oh My Word! This Thing Will Never Flush!!!' Sure enough, she had unroled the entire role of toilet paper and apparently used all of it and put it ALL into the Big Fat Toilet! Have you ever seen how full that makes a toilet? Oh, and JennaMae refers to it as the Big Fat Toilet. To her any thing that is 'bigger' than another of the same thing is a 'Big Fat' whatever. I just new I would have to reach into the stool and pull out most of the TP, and started to- yes I know that's gross- but I was panicked and thought I had no other alternative! I wasn't about to call a plumber over toilet paper either! Well, to be sure, I TRIED to flush the mess down; mind you, there was ONLY TP in the Big Fat Toilet, and water; but I held the handle down when I flushed and it didn't budge. So I thought I'd try just one more time, then start digging. Well by golly! The second time I didn't hold the handle down, and with a mighty roar and 'whosh' it ALL went down! Now that's some Big Fat Toilet! It is really a wonder! I think if/when we move, it will go with us! It's seriously part of the family now, and you can't leave your family members behind! The Big Fat Toilet is very loud and I don't like flushing it when anyone is sleeping, it might just wake them up. And it's one of those older ones that didn't have the low flow thing to save water... Anyway, it is the only kind to have around when you're teaching little monkeys how to go potty! And little Miki has taken to sitting on it a time or two, so... perhaps we'll get several monkeys trained on the Big Fat Toilet this year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gina - you're hilarious! It's not fair to have so much fun laughing about your kiddos antics and not tell you I read them, so, thanks for the morning chuckles.

(We meet with your bro and family in Indy... we met you there right before you moved to NE.)

Anita said...

JennaMae, you are such a card! Man, I miss you guys! And that Big Fat Toilet- really now, where do you think she picked that up? Horsie doesn't want you to know how often she potties...

The J's said...

Gina you're hilarious! WOOPS..just realized that was said already. Well, DITTO! You know seriouslly, we have to get together sometime!! To bad you live so far away!! LOL!
ahh yes, life with the toilet monster..I remember all too well. And then my hubby wants me to start doing daycare again???? hmmmm!

The J's said...

re; your question on the flower pix..(I'm feeling desperate for spring!!) once I found my photo I wanted to use, I cropped it narrow.--didn't even check the size, then Custimize--layout--and edit, (in the header) and download your picture there. I tried a regular size one first, which works, only takes up 1/2 the page!!
I'll be shocked if the trees are blooming like that 3 weeks from now, I think spring came earlier last year, but who knows!! I also had some really pretty daffadill pix from that day.--M--